The Elegiac Heaney Sleeps Now!
After having poured forth the poetic art,
experiencing the conflicting feeling all inside,
having the hand on a note of hope,
adorning the literary canvas by the sound strokes
of lyrical beauty and deep critiques,
listening to the sounds of nature with a greedy ear,
mourning many a dear partings in profound elegies;
after having celebrated the beauty, and the intensity
of the earthly existence,
justifying every beat of his heart,
the dear poet's eyes are closed for the world
in hope to watch more wonders to ensue after death...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
may his soul rest in peace! ! !
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Irish writer and poet, who won the 1995 Nobel Prize in Literature, died on Friday,30th August,2013...at the age of 74...
when asked about his abiding interest in creating the memorials and death-poems, he replied, 'The Elegiac Heaney? There's nothing else! '
Comments about this poem (The Elegiac Heaney Sleeps Now! by Shahzia Batool )
Did you read them?
- My address, gajanan mishra
- With dogs and rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who wilt Preach?, Sir Toby
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.43, Robert Graber
- A Balance Of Opinion, Richard Provencher
- Till you come, micheal john
- The Thing Betwixt The Ears, Buxton Shippy
- Going To Heaven, Tony Adah
- Your Party, Dog goD 8Hate