The Elegiac Heaney Sleeps Now!
After having poured forth the poetic art,
experiencing the conflicting feeling all inside,
having the hand on a note of hope,
adorning the literary canvas by the sound strokes
of lyrical beauty and deep critiques,
listening to the sounds of nature with a greedy ear,
mourning many a dear partings in profound elegies;
after having celebrated the beauty, and the intensity
of the earthly existence,
justifying every beat of his heart,
the dear poet's eyes are closed for the world
in hope to watch more wonders to ensue after death...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
may his soul rest in peace! ! !
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Irish writer and poet, who won the 1995 Nobel Prize in Literature, died on Friday,30th August,2013...at the age of 74...
when asked about his abiding interest in creating the memorials and death-poems, he replied, 'The Elegiac Heaney? There's nothing else! '
Comments about this poem (The Elegiac Heaney Sleeps Now! by Shahzia Batool )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Generations Of the Stamped Fools., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Gold, Rimni chakravarty
- Red Tether, Diane Wakoski
- Remember..., Damian Murphy
- Love has power, hasmukh amathalal
- Uneasy Rider, Diane Wakoski
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad!, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das