The Election set a trend
Despite dismal performances,
The mule has been reelected
By the mixed population
Of horses and mules in the stable.
The whole mules voted for the mule.
The opponent horse lost the race.
The horses divided themselves
And voted on ideology.
The victory of the mule is
Due more to the racial backing
Than to the performance reckoning,
An ugly trend set for the first time.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Election set a trend by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace
- Overload, bryan wallace
- Down with poverty, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Conversations With A Friend, Richard Allen Beevor