The Eagle's Dinner
I sat out on a cushion one cool evening
Looking up like it's a vision, guess what am seeing.
An eagle roaming like alice in wonderland.
A mother-chick running cos she understand
Away from danger she really want to be.
Her care as a mother I looked on to see.
The eagle still searching for a chick to enjoy.
Mother-chick still running from the eagle's feigning decoy.
Mother-chick saw some rice and was picking at a glance.
The eagle saw a chance and acted on it once.
She starts crowing was restless and furious.
Ran around panting, looking so mean and serious.
The Eagle flew away and couldn't just let go.
The chick is now a prey off to where it doesn't know.
She can always get another but has lost one to her dismay.
Oh! The Eagles Dinner I still sit and say..
ransom ossy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Eagle's Dinner by ransom ossy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Interdependent, gajanan mishra
- Perhaps Of ofasianperhapsswayshymm, sEaN nOrTh
- Blamed too, hasmukh amathalal
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- BY Design, Terrance Tracy
- The Man of War and Flowers, Daniel Skentelbery
- Honest Love, Ronald Chapman
- Homage to Sarah Geronimo 'The Pop Star P.., Ronald Chapman
- False Prophets, Dexsta Ray
- scenic scene, lee fones