The Eagle's Dinner
I sat out on a cushion one cool evening
Looking up like it's a vision, guess what am seeing.
An eagle roaming like alice in wonderland.
A mother-chick running cos she understand
Away from danger she really want to be.
Her care as a mother I looked on to see.
The eagle still searching for a chick to enjoy.
Mother-chick still running from the eagle's feigning decoy.
Mother-chick saw some rice and was picking at a glance.
The eagle saw a chance and acted on it once.
She starts crowing was restless and furious.
Ran around panting, looking so mean and serious.
The Eagle flew away and couldn't just let go.
The chick is now a prey off to where it doesn't know.
She can always get another but has lost one to her dismay.
Oh! The Eagles Dinner I still sit and say..
ransom ossy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Eagle's Dinner by ransom ossy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Silent Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sorry, Sorry, Sorry To Say That, Pijush Biswas
- Let Me Stand Here, gajanan mishra
- Quack, Quack says the Duck, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Another Christmas (without you), Marites C. Cayetano
- What Is Life, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Open Door, Natalie Nicole Story
- Savages, Sally Matthews
- The Afterthought, Dankaro Osazee
- In a Gallery of Birds, Salvatore Ala