The Eagle's Dinner
I sat out on a cushion one cool evening
Looking up like it's a vision, guess what am seeing.
An eagle roaming like alice in wonderland.
A mother-chick running cos she understand
Away from danger she really want to be.
Her care as a mother I looked on to see.
The eagle still searching for a chick to enjoy.
Mother-chick still running from the eagle's feigning decoy.
Mother-chick saw some rice and was picking at a glance.
The eagle saw a chance and acted on it once.
She starts crowing was restless and furious.
Ran around panting, looking so mean and serious.
The Eagle flew away and couldn't just let go.
The chick is now a prey off to where it doesn't know.
She can always get another but has lost one to her dismay.
Oh! The Eagles Dinner I still sit and say..
ransom ossy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Eagle's Dinner by ransom ossy )
- WHO IS HE?, Ali Faisal
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ동대문오피녀 ⓑ선릉오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- L.Messi 오피뷰 동대문오피 KTwiz 선릉오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM.., sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- L.Messi 오피뷰 강서오피 KTwiz 부산오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- VALUE OF LIFE, Ali Faisal
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ강서오피녀 ⓑ부산오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- for a friend who had gone cold one summer, RIC S. BASTASA
- a journey away from words, RIC S. BASTASA
- the iron cables laid to sea, RIC S. BASTASA
- Finding her, Akhil Zoomin
Poem of the Day
- Ur Turn Now?, Najma Mire
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- " To His Fairest Valentine Mrs. A. L., Richard Lovelace
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)