The Eagle's Dinner
I sat out on a cushion one cool evening
Looking up like it's a vision, guess what am seeing.
An eagle roaming like alice in wonderland.
A mother-chick running cos she understand
Away from danger she really want to be.
Her care as a mother I looked on to see.
The eagle still searching for a chick to enjoy.
Mother-chick still running from the eagle's feigning decoy.
Mother-chick saw some rice and was picking at a glance.
The eagle saw a chance and acted on it once.
She starts crowing was restless and furious.
Ran around panting, looking so mean and serious.
The Eagle flew away and couldn't just let go.
The chick is now a prey off to where it doesn't know.
She can always get another but has lost one to her dismay.
Oh! The Eagles Dinner I still sit and say..
ransom ossy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Eagle's Dinner by ransom ossy )
- Floppy, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- -I Do Not Only Loving You-, Ali Sabry
- -How Can I Sleep Honey & I Left You Lone.., Ali Sabry
- - I love you so much from all my heart-, Ali Sabry
- - Come With Me My Lovely Princess-, Ali Sabry
- - I See You All The Rays Of The Sun-, Ali Sabry
- - You Taught Me A Lot Of Love-, Ali Sabry
- - When I Look At The Moon I Remember You.., Ali Sabry
- - When I Walk Alone In The Night I See Y.., Ali Sabry
- - There Isn't Impossible In Dreams & Love-, Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Stefanie Fontker
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow