The Dynamite Poem!
I want to write a dynamite poem,
one that'll blow their brains out,
one that'll leave them open-mouthed,
not breathing in, not breathing out,
just suspended in time, utterly phased...
Yeah, I want to write a dynamite poem,
one that'll send ripples across the world,
one that'll be read by the next generation,
compelling them to sit up and take notice,
like they were forcibly positioned that way.
Just one little, brand new, dynamite poem,
one that'll make all poets green with envy,
one that'll make them want to write better,
something really, ever so powerful... yeah...
Something that'll be read out loud in Heaven,
God listening intently, angels' wings slumped,
with heads nodding in vigorous agreement,
with halleluyahs and hosannas following...
Lord! Just one dynamite poem, that'll do me...
yeah, I'm not greedy, that'll do me just fine...
Denis Martindale, copyright, November 2013.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Dynamite Poem! by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Failure Analysis, Seema Chowdhury
- Why I Am Being Misunderstood?, Geetha Jayakumar
- Stand on the Deck of Life, Seema Chowdhury
- Immortality, Hardik Vaidya
- Juggling Act, Seema Chowdhury
- Garden of Love -Mother, Seema Chowdhury
- I May Be The Culprit?, Geetha Jayakumar
- Internal Inferno, Nalini Chaturvedi
- A Prayer to Start my Day, Seema Chowdhury
- We Need Your Miracle God, Seema Chowdhury