The Drug Curse
This is my word.
This is what I make of my world.
This is my heart clad.
This is what my brain buds.
The brain that they wanted to crash!
When I said no they crashed and I passed!
Drugs are all crap;
Liquor is all scrap;
We take it to the bin; it’s all trash.
That’s the foul smell of the drug curse.
I believe you cannot bear the smell of such a waste of cash!
If we have to bash;
A drug-free craziness would be more fun!
We did it; we really deserve a clap!
They drugged us; we made the pass.
They intoxicated us; we still made the pass.
We set the class!
We ducked the curse!
We wiped the dust!
We live to last!
We forgot the past!
We got the guts!
We will fight the drugs!
We need…a clap!
We really…..deserve a clap!
Elwin Mwangi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Drug Curse by Elwin Mwangi )
- Act of plagiarism, Aftab Alam
- Chadjeordie, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Miss Fatma, Ali Nawroz
- Everything Goes On, Fatima Nusairat
- From Fear to Greed..., Mr. Nobody
- Abandonment's Pain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lingerings, Stephen Warren Williams
- Love is Heaven's Bliss, Aftab Alam
- Nobody F-in' Loves Me! : D, Mr. Nobody
- Waiting Solo, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Flower, Rabindranath Tagore
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)