The Drug Curse
This is my word.
This is what I make of my world.
This is my heart clad.
This is what my brain buds.
The brain that they wanted to crash!
When I said no they crashed and I passed!
Drugs are all crap;
Liquor is all scrap;
We take it to the bin; it’s all trash.
That’s the foul smell of the drug curse.
I believe you cannot bear the smell of such a waste of cash!
If we have to bash;
A drug-free craziness would be more fun!
We did it; we really deserve a clap!
They drugged us; we made the pass.
They intoxicated us; we still made the pass.
We set the class!
We ducked the curse!
We wiped the dust!
We live to last!
We forgot the past!
We got the guts!
We will fight the drugs!
We need…a clap!
We really…..deserve a clap!
Elwin Mwangi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Drug Curse by Elwin Mwangi )
- The enduring admiration, Benjamin Sundstrom
- A.Blok, May's been cruel...- translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- The Secret of My love, Hanh Chau
- Submission of Poem, Vera Sidhwa
- The Hungry, Randy McClave
- You are not changed, ramesh rai
- The Poet called Light, Light Mark
- Stripes, Mike Acker
- Rocks like Milky Ways, Mikey Bachman
- Opportunities, Peter S. Quinn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- A Ballad of Death, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)