The Door to Reality
You came knocking on my door.
The door to reality.
The door that often gets jammed, trapping me inside for periods of time.
I open the door; trembling.
Knowing if I made a mistake by allowing you in, I would fall.
Knowing that my story is out, my every thought, secret and sin,
now lying in your hands like a powerful fire that could rage and destroy at anytime.
My full trust embeds itself in you.
And, almost as quick as you came
You help me cross the threshold back into reality.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Door to Reality by Sierra Staten )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I am for 'Yes'...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey