The Door to Reality
You came knocking on my door.
The door to reality.
The door that often gets jammed, trapping me inside for periods of time.
I open the door; trembling.
Knowing if I made a mistake by allowing you in, I would fall.
Knowing that my story is out, my every thought, secret and sin,
now lying in your hands like a powerful fire that could rage and destroy at anytime.
My full trust embeds itself in you.
And, almost as quick as you came
You help me cross the threshold back into reality.
Sierra Staten's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Door to Reality by Sierra Staten )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- My Trip, Donald Revell
- Comatose, Beatrice Preti
- मोदै गदोँ बिखानि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Please Set Me Free, Hailey Stump
- where is my voice?, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- नै मिथिँगा अनजालि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Living And Going., Tony Adah
- The Little Martyr, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- बारसे बिबार बारदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- # When #, Aparna Chatterjee