Ace Of Black Hearts
The Destroyed Promise
An arrangement, mutually agreed by parties not even truly involved.
Kindling a fire by force.
Payment given it's due.
Construction, it's the art of getting to pick and choose.
A culture shock of betraying the old ways.
The words 'how could you? ' resonate.
Shame portrayed in tattered clothes.
Things after all do not always go as planned.
Just ask that homeless man holding out his can.
Did he want to live this way?
Did he feel he had any other choice?
Abandoned are there voices.
For when nobody is really listening, how can it really make a difference.
Anger fortifies the clouded mind.
Justification for acts of carnage.
To emphasis the fear we put them on display.
How quaint, how ornate.
Decorating our leadership in rows of blood.
Are we that in love with the decadence.
Popularized and polarized.
A portrayed illusion that knows not the sick society it encourages.
To blinded by what is gained, to have a single alternative after thought.
The mouth should be bitter.
They are the voices inside me.
Forever they will reign.
The mentality insane.
Am I one of them?
Just maybe, but right now does it change a thing?
Truth does not care for creditability, because it already is.
The ashes of a burnt down promise still flow through all of us.
We must live up to it.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Destroyed Promise by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Michael P. McParland
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Caged, Michael P. McParland
- Meeting Nan, Lynn Anne Brown
- Pantry Of Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Diagrams Of Language, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- So Tired(I Need You), Michael P. McParland
- colour of love, Prince Lartey
- Total Mystery, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When I Die, Kelly Shanks
- Butterflies, Michael P. McParland
- Buckeye Fever Sweeping Terror Over Thier.., Michael P. McParland