Ace Of Black Hearts
The Destroyed Promise
An arrangement, mutually agreed by parties not even truly involved.
Kindling a fire by force.
Payment given it's due.
Construction, it's the art of getting to pick and choose.
A culture shock of betraying the old ways.
The words 'how could you? ' resonate.
Shame portrayed in tattered clothes.
Things after all do not always go as planned.
Just ask that homeless man holding out his can.
Did he want to live this way?
Did he feel he had any other choice?
Abandoned are there voices.
For when nobody is really listening, how can it really make a difference.
Anger fortifies the clouded mind.
Justification for acts of carnage.
To emphasis the fear we put them on display.
How quaint, how ornate.
Decorating our leadership in rows of blood.
Are we that in love with the decadence.
Popularized and polarized.
A portrayed illusion that knows not the sick society it encourages.
To blinded by what is gained, to have a single alternative after thought.
The mouth should be bitter.
They are the voices inside me.
Forever they will reign.
The mentality insane.
Am I one of them?
Just maybe, but right now does it change a thing?
Truth does not care for creditability, because it already is.
The ashes of a burnt down promise still flow through all of us.
We must live up to it.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Destroyed Promise by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- falling down a well- well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
- broad boy souffle, derrick foster
- PH: Nature: Canoeing The Mississippi - P.., Brian Johnston
- Steps Of Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Whispers Of Ancient Parables, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 3, Frank Avon
- Being Enlightened, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 2, Frank Avon
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns