Ace Of Black Hearts
The Destroyed Promise
An arrangement, mutually agreed by parties not even truly involved.
Kindling a fire by force.
Payment given it's due.
Construction, it's the art of getting to pick and choose.
A culture shock of betraying the old ways.
The words 'how could you? ' resonate.
Shame portrayed in tattered clothes.
Things after all do not always go as planned.
Just ask that homeless man holding out his can.
Did he want to live this way?
Did he feel he had any other choice?
Abandoned are there voices.
For when nobody is really listening, how can it really make a difference.
Anger fortifies the clouded mind.
Justification for acts of carnage.
To emphasis the fear we put them on display.
How quaint, how ornate.
Decorating our leadership in rows of blood.
Are we that in love with the decadence.
Popularized and polarized.
A portrayed illusion that knows not the sick society it encourages.
To blinded by what is gained, to have a single alternative after thought.
The mouth should be bitter.
They are the voices inside me.
Forever they will reign.
The mentality insane.
Am I one of them?
Just maybe, but right now does it change a thing?
Truth does not care for creditability, because it already is.
The ashes of a burnt down promise still flow through all of us.
We must live up to it.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Destroyed Promise by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- The Seminar Activity, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Story of a thousand Hopes, clawdea benat
- gLoW hideing OfF iN2 thE sUnsEt, sEaN nOrTh
- Absence, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- Funeral, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- I am complete in your arms.., Manish Guru
- She, Akhtar Jawad
- Lunch, anthony henriques
- A thoughtless god, Solomon Marshall
- Mukkamal Hoon tumhare Daman mein, Manish Guru
Poem of the Day
- November, Thomas Hood
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)