She sat in the bedroom window with tears in her eyes
How could she have believed all his lies?
He told her he loved her, he told her he cared
And her life he wanted to share.
He held her, and kissed her as her passions grew
At exactly the right moment he knew what to do.
As his hands traveled up and down her spine
He said not to worry – everything would be fine
She knew what he wanted, but she could not resist
As he pulled her close in a passionate kiss.
All her walls were tumbling down
As she went with him without a sound.
Slowly he led her where he wanted her to be
The rest became a mystery.
Now the consequences she must bare
For a child is growing there
And her life he refuses to share.
Now she cautions all too please resist
His deceit and passionate kiss.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Deceiver by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- beware of false friends, Micron
- Madhubala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- If you want to be my inspirer, Elius Rubby
- Being in love, Sahra Hussein
- Walk On!, Shweta Nair
- My Father, Sahra Hussein
- Crime against humanity (a prose poem), paul bamberger
- Serenity Later Prayer, Joseph DeMarco
- starlings display team, lee fones
- Extinction is Forever, Joseph DeMarco
- What Is Poetry To Adil?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Sentiment, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL