The day we met
The day we met
The first time we met was a Saturday night
I was sure that this was love at first sight
You were sitting with your friends talking and giggling
When I got up to talk to you my heart was pounding.
The first words I say to you are ‘can I buy you a drink’
Then I walked away and gave you a wink
I walk over to her with a glass that’s full
And as she sipped her drink I tell her ‘your eyes are beautiful.’
I ask her what’s your name, she says its grace
I say you know you have the most wonderful face
If you be my girl I will never leave you I’m not a traitor
And by the way way my names John Slater
We soon get married
Then in grace a baby was carried
We then buy a house and move in together
Because we know our love will last for ever.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The day we met by Chizom Okpara )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- just hoping & wishing, kiranjot kaur thiara
- The Storm Comes, Greg Davidson
- Desert-haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal