The Day After Your Birthday
The day after your birthday,
you look in the mirror to see:
a) you've got a zit from eating all that cake;
b) your love handles have expanded a half inch;
c) you singed your eyebrows blowing out the candles.
The day after your birthday, a) you require six extra hours of sleep; b) you can't find your living room under the birthday debris; c) you wonder how you could possibly have done THAT.
The day after your birthday, it's time to: a) return some gifts (what IS that, anyway?): b) call your friends and apologize for yesterday; c) get out of the country, fast.
The day after your birthday... we should all look so great and have it so good!
Happy Birthday! Appreciate yourself and your life!
sindey forte's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Day After Your Birthday by sindey forte )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- What you feel, gajanan mishra
- The last indulgence, Piyush Dey
- what you do, gajanan mishra
- And get everything, gajanan mishra
- The Workforce, James Tate
- To Join You, Edward Kofi Louis
- The real wasteland, Peter Hall
- Known In This Town, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Veil, Peter Hall
- You Made Me A Fool, Edward Kofi Louis