Rosmin Elsa Mohan
Started off, with a lullaby,
Lost memories that basked in the sun,
Gleaming rays to penetrate the wall
Where shadows mimicked to rally tall.
The minims that gave room aghast
To a halo where light did ran
But then they lured, swam forth
Crotchets; it all began.
I felt it at ease...
A thousand cellos that brushed aside
Negligence, hatred, Pride.
The air had begun to smell
Of lilies alongside.
The church bell meekly to uphold
The white that conveyed
Notes not written in black
The staccatos to jerk to core
And minuets to shack
In turns did holy strike
The dead did rise
The ground did tear
The cacophony, ‘twas alike!
'The end's near', snarled the wise
The devil's on prowl; disguised.
I thought of it for a while
Niche; couldn't hold back a smile
For the simulataneity
Of the chords umpteen,
Did recreate in point,
Rosmin Elsa Mohan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The war at heart, and the evil on prowl! !
Comments about this poem (The Counterpoint by Rosmin Elsa Mohan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2015, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra
- Eyes Tell a Story, Rohit Sapra
- Jadavpur And The Adda of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Governor-Chancellor, I Am A Jadavpuria.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Jadavpur Campus, The Naxal And His Love .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Eternal Joys, ramesh rai