M.D Dinesh Nair
THE COMMANDMENT RECODED
My Lord, oh my Lord,
I am undone, I am fretting for ever too.
For an act of murder of a liar
A liar he was! But I ought not to have done it!
Your act is an atrocity
Of all seasons I bet, my Lord.
A generation now will retreat like me
After making a kill of this kind oftener.
My Lord, your dagger bleeds after kissing
My flesh too soft to pierce through.
An hour of writhing and dying.
Then I am transported quite upwards!
My soul dares into the My Lord`s heaven
None stops me at the gate
And He speaks not but smiles a lot!
He had writ it large on my forehead!
Down there, Lucifer is perhaps amused further
With my utterances he could unseat Him, he thought.
I frown at the dark image for a while
And He is pleased for a while but still relents not.
I await the order the recoded one
But He signs on it never ever.
Incorrigible He is unlike the Son Crucified.
I await the melting point,
A promise is broken, my Lord.
It is Your commandment recoded.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE COMMANDMENT RECODED by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- today the body tomorrow the heart, RIC S. BASTASA
- Blocks Of Puzzle Pieces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the price you pay of course, is loss of .., RIC S. BASTASA
- time does not sleep this time. the windo.., RIC S. BASTASA
- something that is better if uncertain, RIC S. BASTASA
- You pour your mercy., RIC S. BASTASA
- 413, Narcia Lily
- To drive a point, i collect pebbles and .., RIC S. BASTASA
- I follow the smoke, and sigh, RIC S. BASTASA
- Unchanging To Exchange Blame, Lawrence S. Pertillar