Alan Bruce Thompson
The College Of Mars
Behind the doubly locked doors
Behind the triply thickened walls,
Deep in a cavern underground,
Buried in the heart of the mountain,
Met the founders of the College of Mars.
They conspired to create that special something,
That most valuable of things.
Which each and every soul would want.
Worth even more than the breath of life,
That thing beyond the dream of Faust.
How could they create envy in each sinner's theme?
How could they turn all will to clay?
How could they quell all wish to resist?
How could they rule all lust supreme?
How could they make people want a dream?
They would say this was a gift for only the few.
Only they would award it, but never to me nor you.
It was only for the selected, this gift from Mars.
From the red planet, the god of battle, covered in scars.
All would want, this invisible sacred thing,
The whisper of the stars.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The College Of Mars by Alan Bruce Thompson )
- Oracle, Naveed Khalid
- Stand high, hasmukh amathalal
- Amidst the stones, Roann Mendriq
- Rainbow Of Life, david kush
- CRYSTAL WATER, Prince Lartey
- Beholden, Eleonor Santiago
- Faith and hope, gajanan mishra
- You're, Angela Wybrow
- HE touched and the life bloomed, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(15 April 1958)
(3rd April 19sixty)