During the peace of the altar,
Pews knelt down piously;
The pulpit stood and conducted
Verdure, rosary and the paternoster
And the clergy hummed soulfully.
Roars, rasps and hisses of tension
Harmed the altar.
Beads, broken and far-flung,
Scattered the heart of the rosary;
Witches roasted the pews on winter nights;
The pulpit, a fallen horse, slept on
With the lines of the paternoster.
Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Church by Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting me, Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo
- HELPLESS, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A piece of my ground, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Tick Tock, Michael Mira
- Love Burns, Khairul Ahsan
- Whispers, Mihaela Pirjol
- For Your Family Pride, Are You Going To .., Bijay Kant Dubey