The chalk seemed to work,
Better than the pen today.
It's straight lines and letters,
Across the chalkboard lay.
It explained to the kids,
Their lessons to be learned.
It talked about their actions,
This chalk slid across,
The board today and the students,
Looked at it where their education lay.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Chalk by Vera Sidhwa )
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard
- You're My Favorite Fix, Lilly Emery
- COURAGE, LOVE & OBEDIENCE, Tom Zart
- You Are My Everything, Lilly Emery
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Fish Waves Beneath The Waves, Saiom Shriver
- The Transcendental At Worthington Lake, Harry Freeman
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery
- MEDUSA, Lilly Emery