The Candle Light
The candle light
moves ever so slightly.
It dances with the air.
Moving with such grace,
as I use it for light.
on the wall.
Filling me with warmth.
Some say that
Fire is evil.
But in my eyes
it is just a
Leading me forward,
on either the path
of righteousness or
Claire Osterling's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Candle Light by Claire Osterling )
- The enduring admiration, Benjamin Sundstrom
- A.Blok, May's been cruel...- translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- The Secret of My love, Hanh Chau
- Submission of Poem, Vera Sidhwa
- The Hungry, Randy McClave
- You are not changed, ramesh rai
- The Poet called Light, Light Mark
- Stripes, Mike Acker
- Rocks like Milky Ways, Mikey Bachman
- Opportunities, Peter S. Quinn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Ballad of Death, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns