The Candle Light
The candle light
moves ever so slightly.
It dances with the air.
Moving with such grace,
as I use it for light.
on the wall.
Filling me with warmth.
Some say that
Fire is evil.
But in my eyes
it is just a
Leading me forward,
on either the path
of righteousness or
Claire Osterling's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Candle Light by Claire Osterling )
- Fall Leaves, Leonard Dabydeen
- Rinsed Clean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Creating Photos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If I Should Die Some Tuesday..., Frank Avon
- Transformed womaniser, Kwalo Voro
- Gathering Broken Glasses By I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Filling Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Am Too Old Not To Be Humble, Shalom Freedman
- Riding Through Edges, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Corset, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)