Beside the candle
We sing but still bicker
Watching the flames -
We quarrel as they flicker.
Though causeways are slowly bridged
While the wax pool grows steady,
And eyes transfixed, we wait -
As the last act is ready.
With exuberant zeal
We seize a brief chance
To shatter the silence
And jovially dance!
A baptism soon awaits:
Rather grave and tough to handle,
Though just for the moment
We are reprieved by the candle.
Jack Growden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Candle by Jack Growden )
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler