The Canadian Loonıe... Feb 11th,2014
What can we do to raise the value of the loonie?
It’s obvious that the recent value has gone too puny
It appears to have dropped down to ninety cents U.S.
And who can we blame for this sinking monetary distress?
Because our politicians have been busy travelling here and there,
Do they know about the value of our dollar in this affair?
Is this like death-with-dignity where we have to keep quiet?
How far down this road will it go before someone starts a riot?
The word out of Ottawa is that they are busy at the moment,
Should someone even bother being a proponent?
Are we not allowed to say or see that something may be wrong?
Will a ten cent loonie be great and should we sing a song?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Canadian Loonıe... Feb 11th,2014 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Tabatha Khumalo, Bob Johnson
- 'What's Wrong With Her? ', nikka mee farillon
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan