The Canadian Loonıe... Feb 11th,2014
What can we do to raise the value of the loonie?
It’s obvious that the recent value has gone too puny
It appears to have dropped down to ninety cents U.S.
And who can we blame for this sinking monetary distress?
Because our politicians have been busy travelling here and there,
Do they know about the value of our dollar in this affair?
Is this like death-with-dignity where we have to keep quiet?
How far down this road will it go before someone starts a riot?
The word out of Ottawa is that they are busy at the moment,
Should someone even bother being a proponent?
Are we not allowed to say or see that something may be wrong?
Will a ten cent loonie be great and should we sing a song?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Canadian Loonıe... Feb 11th,2014 by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- My Big Brother, Edgar Albert Guest
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Communist Goons, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Trinmul Congress Party's Gift Is The Fre.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dark Chapter, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Sun Sings in You, Patti Masterman
- Desolate Fox, Prasad Natarajan
- Real Poverty, Abdullah alHemaidy
- A Dream In My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Peace, Leonard Champlin
- A Spirit Forever Free, Spiritwind Wood
- Mamas Counsel, Adeosun Olamide