Have you heard the rumours?
Sung by the oak,
They tell of greener pastures,
Beyond this ring of smoke,
Where trees are great in number,
Left all alone,
While roads are lain by branches
Though nothing's set in stone.
So come all young monsters,
Out to the cold,
Run away from the demons,
Created by the old.
They grasp towards the skyline,
Spreading down the fields,
They'll try hard to catch us,
Sway us to their molds.
Craig Jordan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Cage by Craig Jordan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul
- Gazing up the sky, Seira LNlee94
- no one has ever done good without....., RIC S. BASTASA
- the night deepens, RIC S. BASTASA
- to begin with....., RIC S. BASTASA
- who is someone in your mind?, RIC S. BASTASA