King Femi Oloidi
The Body you are Afraid to Lose
A cry is the harvest of the body.
Blood and sweat is the lord of the body.
Breath is the earth of the body.
Flesh is the bread of the body.
Skin is a second hand blanket for the body.
The head is the kingdom of the body.
The bone is the next of kin of the body.
The knee is the shock absorber of the body.
The leg is the chopstick of the body.
The hand is the door of the body.
The feet is the root of the body.
The eyes are the tinted window of the body.
The nose is the mouth of the body, while the mouth is the oven of the body.
The ear is the voice of the body, while voice is the ears of the body.
The belly is the Micro-finance bank of the body.
The bottom is the kitchen of the body.
The private parts are the oil and juice factory of the body, while the brain is the wings of the body,
which brings pain, if misused.
The heart is the clock of the body.
Shadow is the April fool of the body.
The teeth are the padlock of the body.
Because when the final whistle is blown, it gladly locks up the body that you're are afraid to lose, and the back becomes the floor of the body.
Don't guide your body with all your life. Rather guide your niceness with all your life. Because niceness is the purest laughter which the deaf can see and the blind can hear.
King Femi Oloidi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Body you are Afraid to Lose by King Femi Oloidi )
- A bean, Harold R Hunt Sr
- There are heroes, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Love counts the hours, Mark Heathcote
- My Deck, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A trip to rotgut, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A recipe for a poem, Harold R Hunt Sr
- America will be back, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I will not be taken down., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Will the crowd cheer, Harold R Hunt Sr
- waiting, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)