M.D Dinesh Nair
THE BLUNDERS ON NATURE`S INFINITY
On the heights of mountains and valleys with dark depths
Alas! Man searches for beauty and gets mesmerized by it.
What a Himalayan blunder it is!
A historian will tell tales of his misdeeds later.
Nature bans him from frequenting such places
She is there in her infinite charms like the nymph in her private chamber
Why should he go there to feel her presence?
A fantasy may better satiate him and he may live long.
Man has to live in regions where the gregarious feel is in prime
And he has to relish nature`s plenty from the plate of common mould.
He ought not to go unto the caves of nature`s ecstasies ever
As living a life is wiser than dying for no cause.
Man rejoices in times of his adventures unwarranted
He blames it on gods and machinery when they turn into misadventures!
While confessing to have a ‘man`s particle’ in me too
I beseech from my heart, “Man, thou be within thy limits”.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Thousands of pilgrims and natives of the mountainous region perished and even as on today many are reportedly missing with the google website showing no UTTARKHAND in its map and the word ' disaster ' denoting the landscape.
The 'holy shrines' of Kedarnath and Badrinath are devastated in their totality and I am wondering why man goes in search of gods at high altitudes! Is`nt it better if gods, if they are there, come down to man instead? The devotees, please forgive me..
Comments about this poem (THE BLUNDERS ON NATURE`S INFINITY by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1644 - 1694)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Salve, Cee Bea
- Quatrain number 5, Leong Ming Loong
- Bachelorette for Life, Donal Mahoney
- Engaged, Sarah Wiltshire
- The Call Of Two Trumpets, Tony Adah
- I sleep, gajanan mishra
- I Looked Up At The Sky And Didn't See You, Kyle Schlicher
- Quatrain number 4, Leong Ming Loong
- The world we are facing, Abby Sze
- Game of power, Funmilayo Adebimpe