Everything in me starts turning,
as a darkness gently shrouds.
The blood within in me begins burning,
as it creeps in with the clouds.
What I see is concerning,
all my fears now awake.
The universe is clearly affirming,
this twilight is opaque.
My soul inside me churning,
with all my life at stake.
Every action must be discerning,
any chance I must take.
Leila Hadi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Black by Leila Hadi )
Poem of the Day
- I Remember, I Remember, Thomas Hood
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1886 - 1967)
(November 9 - 1937)