The Bird's Last Flight
When I enter the earth's nest
My wings resting,
I will free my eyelids so not to see
The trees swaying nearer.
Do not cry over me.
I said do not cry.
If you wish, remember that my wings
And there is no water without waves
And no waves without a shore where they crash.
I rest here
To have reached the last shore.
Do not cry.
Even the sound of my breathing cannot reach me...
Translated by Khaled Mattawa
Saadi Youssef's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Bird's Last Flight by Saadi Youssef )
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Erotic Haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic haiku by krishna Shivkumar yadav, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav