Lawrence S. Pertillar
The Best Gift One Can Get
The best gift one can get,
Is to grow older to experience...
The making of mistakes made.
And to admit the getting over them,
As blessings to realize with time given.
And only time can undo the impossible.
And facing to move on from a past to accept,
Is something maturity does...
To help one heal with a forgiving to forget.
And to let go without regrets to reminisce,
Of the doing of what, why and when...
To move on to realize what happiness is.
'You seem to be so happy.
~I've stopped lieing to myself.'
~You will know when that time to you comes.~
It's in the WHEN.
Not the WHY.
Or the WHAT.
But in the WHEN.
And in the WHEN that begins...
You will know the WHY.~
~In the WHEN that begins...
You will then know the WHY,
And the HOW of your own happiness.
These doings need no explanation.
Time and patience is the teacher that gives.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Best Gift One Can Get by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Poem N6, Kristian Djordjanov
- Blesses Be, Clara Keiper
- Poem N5, Kristian Djordjanov
- Glowing Face, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Times Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poem N4, Kristian Djordjanov