Lawrence S. Pertillar
The Best Gift One Can Get
The best gift one can get,
Is to grow older to experience...
The making of mistakes made.
And to admit the getting over them,
As blessings to realize with time given.
And only time can undo the impossible.
And facing to move on from a past to accept,
Is something maturity does...
To help one heal with a forgiving to forget.
And to let go without regrets to reminisce,
Of the doing of what, why and when...
To move on to realize what happiness is.
'You seem to be so happy.
~I've stopped lieing to myself.'
~You will know when that time to you comes.~
It's in the WHEN.
Not the WHY.
Or the WHAT.
But in the WHEN.
And in the WHEN that begins...
You will know the WHY.~
~In the WHEN that begins...
You will then know the WHY,
And the HOW of your own happiness.
These doings need no explanation.
Time and patience is the teacher that gives.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Best Gift One Can Get by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- The Present, bryan wallace
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
- The Purple Lady., Achill Ladd
- My World, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Just Write It, Mark R. Elias
- A PHOTOGRAPH OF MYSELF AT AGE TEN, TAKEN.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Dainty Little Poem, Mark R. Elias
- 1959, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- TRANSIENT, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- எப்பொழுதும்!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)