The Beggar at the Door
I may have to make a choice
between humanity, mystery and art.
If I ignore the existence of the giant
(as a supernatural issue) ,
instead of a tear as well,
the beggar at the door
is the ONLY necessary imperfection,
will I enjoy the feast inside the more?
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I bought a painting with a tear, one of those words of more than one meaning.
See '3 Steps to 'Specks''
Comments about this poem (The Beggar at the Door by douglas scotney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Greatest Dream, Jyothirmia Uppu
- een probleem, co the skipper
- Borders, ' Phony Scandals' and Burgers, Sandra Feldman
- Electric Love, Electric Lady
- No More Dear Daddy!, Jyothirmia Uppu
- Invited To Explore, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Only One Way That Can Be Interpreted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ANNE FRANK FANTASIZES, jack peachum
- Psalm 065, Forrest Hainline
- The Village that Wasn't There!, David Lewis Paget