Ever since antiquity,
it delivered quality -
golden and healing.
Man has been stealing
from the bee;
thinking it was free:
From the hives rent,
never paying a cent.
With our GMO we destroy
and use excuses as decoy.
Greed is in our hearts
and reason departs.
Poisoning ourselves –
on supermarket shelves.
It no longer heals.
Nature never deals!
Suzette Richards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Bee by Suzette Richards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Safest place, gajanan mishra
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote