In this green forest, there is a sweet dampness;
blossoms dropping jewels of spent raindrops.
On this path, soft with cushion of moss and fallen leaves,
my world whispers passion with the voice of a lover.
This is where my soul awakens. This is where I know,
while watching a flower petal fold itself forward,
painting pollen against the back of an unsuspecting bee;
all the Earth depends on every little heartbeat.
Here, on the green altar of our one Earth,
everything fits. It all moves together in a plan
no man could invent, no magician could conjure,
no eye could deny, no war could alter.
We are all held in the hands of one great inventor.
Whether you call it Mother, Spirit, Survival, or God;
you and I are playing a part in one Masterful plan,
and all life depends on every little heartbeat.
© Shirley Alexander
Shirley Alexander's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Awakening by Shirley Alexander )
- I Do Not Have Any Word, Neela Nath
- The Puzzle, Ravikumar C.P.
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison