The Autumn Leaf
-It’s farewell time
My dearest leaf!
Break away, fly happy
Then, go to sleep
But the leaf won’t go;
to hang on for more
Sensitive pain shown
in her shaking voice:
-Nooo, I won’t let go of you
My dear soul!
-Don’t make it hard
Sweet dear heart
You have to!
Please hang on me no more
I shall not see you suffering
Frozen by winter’s cold
Please! I need to show you
That I’m strong!
Let go, my heart,
Catch the next wind
Fly joyful, and all of my being
Shall do no breath
While following your dance.
Do dance our memories
From birth to dea.. this very moment
For You have been my joy, my crest!
Please savor this last full freedom
Like no one else!
She had no other choice
But do, all that her loved tree would want
Full edged in red and still not dried from
A whole night of cry, the yellow leaf
Took a deep breath and:
No other leaf or creature fully winged
Could capture to repeat her beautiful swing.
As soon as she would touch the ground,
the tree would start to cry.
You could still feel his tears
if the opposite side of her fall could touch.
Now, we shall know rather than guess
he never shown his tears
to the loving crest.
Elena Sandu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Autumn Leaf by Elena Sandu )
Did you read them?
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage