The Artistry Of A Slow Waltz
In the glare of a thousand fluorescent lights,
these fledgling feet you'd think
might flail and flounder,
They stand inert
like gravestones in a hinterland of teeming earth.
And neither Strauss nor Mozart can prevail,
offering immortality in three four time.
The artistry of a slow waltz
resides in the triumph of dexterity
over the absurd.
And such a strange farrago, they'd agree
this requeim waltz and...well
this graceless amputee.
And such capacious incapacity!
Legs made NOT to dance.
And what a place to make their final stand-
like nervous landlocked mutineers
and so expose
of cartillage and bone
know it's time
to seek expression in some other art.
And all the while
this ordered world
spins like a honed and polished dancer
despite my inexplicable hostility to rhythm.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Artistry Of A Slow Waltz by Emlyn Wentwhistle )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Omgekeerde muziek, Madrason writer
- A Kind of Villanelle, Joyce Sutphen
- Hit, it!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Minder bedrogen, Madrason writer
- Geweldsparabel, Madrason writer
- To Be Kind, Edward Kofi Louis
- Beproeving, Madrason writer
- Dream, Edward Kofi Louis
- Muurspiegelingen, Madrason writer
- Choosing The Ring, Edward Kofi Louis