** THE ART OF LIVING
THE ART OF LIVING!
Living life is a serious matter, I was told
in my early days,
To live this life properly one must amend
Seeds must be sown and nurtured, before
the plant can grow to bloom, -
The art of living must be learnt, for it to
become a boon!
One must also look for something beyond
and above, -
With faith, hope and charity, - seeking
And soon you shall get addicted to living, -
Forgetting all your doubts and misgivings!
Though these platitudes all sound very true, -
But there comes a time in a man’s life, -
When life simply starts to overtake you! !
Like a philosopher now I sit and write and
also meditate, -
Writing verses about the art of living, - as I
Poetry has become a full time job as I sit and
write my verse, -
Happy with this mode of living, before things
could get any worse!
Now I live to read, and read to write, -
And that's the way I survive!
The art of living is no mean art, -
But one must choose one’s style of living, -
And embrace this life with thanksgiving!
- Raj Nandy
20 Mar 09
RAJ NANDY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (** THE ART OF LIVING by RAJ NANDY )
- Finally Found Our Home, Michael McParland
- Distance doesn't matter, Antonio Liao
- Moisture, Chideraza Lowell
- Bharatheeyakavitha, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Not A Sound, Tango Tango
- - People? - (Haiku), Joe Muschaweck
- 男人赋, qin xing
- Genetic Predisposition Towords Violence, Is It Poetry
- Wild Is The Churning Of The Winds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honesty, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)