** THE ART OF LIVING
THE ART OF LIVING!
Living life is a serious matter, I was told
in my early days,
To live this life properly one must amend
Seeds must be sown and nurtured, before
the plant can grow to bloom, -
The art of living must be learnt, for it to
become a boon!
One must also look for something beyond
and above, -
With faith, hope and charity, - seeking
And soon you shall get addicted to living, -
Forgetting all your doubts and misgivings!
Though these platitudes all sound very true, -
But there comes a time in a man’s life, -
When life simply starts to overtake you! !
Like a philosopher now I sit and write and
also meditate, -
Writing verses about the art of living, - as I
Poetry has become a full time job as I sit and
write my verse, -
Happy with this mode of living, before things
could get any worse!
Now I live to read, and read to write, -
And that's the way I survive!
The art of living is no mean art, -
But one must choose one’s style of living, -
And embrace this life with thanksgiving!
- Raj Nandy
20 Mar 09
RAJ NANDY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (** THE ART OF LIVING by RAJ NANDY )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty
- Acceptance of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- What peace accepts?, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- It, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wonderful world of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Dare, H.M. Gautsch