I was a simple small fish.
A happy fish, born and living inside a small aquarium.
I didn't know that there, outside from my aquarium, was another world with oceans, rivers, lakes....
My 3 dimensional aquarium world was so beautiful!
And I was happy till I tried to find who I am and where I live.
I tried to explore the other world, the great world
but it was so big to understand in my small mind.
And then I got a fear.
The fear that came from the unknown.
Now I try to ignore the existence of the other world.
It is better to live happy every day in my aquarium world
and leave the other world to exist for the others.
Constantinos Grigoriadis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Aquarium by Constantinos Grigoriadis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Don't Want, Michael P. McParland
- Red Tulips, Holly Wotherspoon
- Holding On, Michael P. McParland
- Holding You Tight, Michael P. McParland
- Hold On, Michael P. McParland
- Just Wasn't Deep Enough, Kyle Schlicher
- Hold Me Now My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- Love Me, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Hold Me Now, Michael P. McParland
- For Kira, Michael P. McParland