I was a simple small fish.
A happy fish, born and living inside a small aquarium.
I didn't know that there, outside from my aquarium, was another world with oceans, rivers, lakes....
My 3 dimensional aquarium world was so beautiful!
And I was happy till I tried to find who I am and where I live.
I tried to explore the other world, the great world
but it was so big to understand in my small mind.
And then I got a fear.
The fear that came from the unknown.
Now I try to ignore the existence of the other world.
It is better to live happy every day in my aquarium world
and leave the other world to exist for the others.
Constantinos Grigoriadis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Aquarium by Constantinos Grigoriadis )
- Gin Again, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Teardrops for flowers flow, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The witches teaparty, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The walking moon, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dear soldior hero, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Breakfast with a ghost hero, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Classroom, ania radz
- Breakfast with a ghost, Harold R Hunt Sr
- "...away without leave", Jeff Gangwer
- If, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)