I was a simple small fish.
A happy fish, born and living inside a small aquarium.
I didn't know that there, outside from my aquarium, was another world with oceans, rivers, lakes....
My 3 dimensional aquarium world was so beautiful!
And I was happy till I tried to find who I am and where I live.
I tried to explore the other world, the great world
but it was so big to understand in my small mind.
And then I got a fear.
The fear that came from the unknown.
Now I try to ignore the existence of the other world.
It is better to live happy every day in my aquarium world
and leave the other world to exist for the others.
Constantinos Grigoriadis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Aquarium by Constantinos Grigoriadis )
- Must Not Withdraw, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- To blow the scent of flowers of friendsh.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Badagry, Edward Kofi Louis
- drawn to the mountain, Thomas Leathandrum
- To Reward You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pysch notes chapter 2, imani halley
- Wiles, Edward Kofi Louis
- FLIGHT OF ECSTASY, Donald R Charon
- dream and dreamer, binod bastola
- Sound And Silence, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- They Ask Me for Verses!, Jose Rizal
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(November 9 - 1937)