Antonis J. Kazantzoglou
'The apocrypha of Life'
In the mind's dark hoping her love
detestful young lost in foreign lands
roughrichgoldcrestofplumes sinfully ripe
from the beauty of prostrate bodies.
Gallants with lasses – and she a trap of the sun
longing to become everyone's quest
slaveing to be his nymph without a grumble
baring bitch's teeth and eagle claws agately fierce.
The hour of the great childbirth passed with pain
broken bones of angels before her lay as food
sweet the odours of her soul beside the decay of the old
merciless her desire inflamed before their own.
Torn now her garment but her body new rose
and her soul's passion there beginning
thunderbrightdiffused the love of loves she saw
where aches yielded none but desires and nymph chambers.
Soft fresh members joined her
grand hymns rose in their pantings
angels sorrounded her about the divine bed
there she was one with bride and groom.
Her being welled with words and thoughts
absolute mystery and pleasure shuddered the senses
sweetly the lips became bright light as they joined
and she saw her bridal moment alive.
Antonis J. Kazantzoglou's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('The apocrypha of Life' by Antonis J. Kazantzoglou )
- I Always Looked Upon Them With Pity And .., Shalom Freedman
- False, Neela Nath
- A woman is going, gajanan mishra
- Like Opium, michael walkerjohn
- Conscious Love~~~, Mr. Nobody
- The Name's Bond, James Bond!, Denis Martindale
- Time's Mend, michael walkerjohn
- The One-Legged Surfer, Mr. Nobody
- As an alternattive, hasmukh amathalal
- This station has no name, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Question, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)