Antonis J. Kazantzoglou
'The apocrypha of Life'
In the mind's dark hoping her love
detestful young lost in foreign lands
roughrichgoldcrestofplumes sinfully ripe
from the beauty of prostrate bodies.
Gallants with lasses – and she a trap of the sun
longing to become everyone's quest
slaveing to be his nymph without a grumble
baring bitch's teeth and eagle claws agately fierce.
The hour of the great childbirth passed with pain
broken bones of angels before her lay as food
sweet the odours of her soul beside the decay of the old
merciless her desire inflamed before their own.
Torn now her garment but her body new rose
and her soul's passion there beginning
thunderbrightdiffused the love of loves she saw
where aches yielded none but desires and nymph chambers.
Soft fresh members joined her
grand hymns rose in their pantings
angels sorrounded her about the divine bed
there she was one with bride and groom.
Her being welled with words and thoughts
absolute mystery and pleasure shuddered the senses
sweetly the lips became bright light as they joined
and she saw her bridal moment alive.
Antonis J. Kazantzoglou's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('The apocrypha of Life' by Antonis J. Kazantzoglou )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael McParland
- This World, Sandra Feldman
- Prime Truth - 92, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Gold Star Mother, Charles Hancock
- Oooooohgust, Ferdinand L Quintos
- Prime Truth - 91, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Your Mind, Nicholas Smith
- No matter- if you, gajanan mishra
- How Long iS yOUr List of Shoulds?, Monk E. Biz