The Almighty God
It is He, who created the heaven and the earth like a bloom.
It is He, who gave soul to the insentient and made him as his caliph.
It is He, who taught man what he didn’t know.
It is He, who harnessed the day & night for you, as also the sun, the moon and the stars, by His command.
It is He, who raised the sky and set the balance, so that none may err against the scales.
It is He, who sends down water from the sky of which you drink and nourish.
It is He, who conjoined two large bodies of water, one fresh and the other brine; and placed a barrier between them.
It is He, who made the stars by which you reckon your way through darkness of the desert & the sea.
It is He, who manipulates this all and can stop it by His Ho.
It is He, vigilant and vigorous_ the sovereign of this whole.
Distinct He made the signs for those who recognize, and may seek his bounty & perhaps give thanks.
Shaikh Mehmood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Almighty God by Shaikh Mehmood )
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 February 1944 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)