The Almighty God
It is He, who created the heaven and the earth like a bloom.
It is He, who gave soul to the insentient and made him as his caliph.
It is He, who taught man what he didn’t know.
It is He, who harnessed the day & night for you, as also the sun, the moon and the stars, by His command.
It is He, who raised the sky and set the balance, so that none may err against the scales.
It is He, who sends down water from the sky of which you drink and nourish.
It is He, who conjoined two large bodies of water, one fresh and the other brine; and placed a barrier between them.
It is He, who made the stars by which you reckon your way through darkness of the desert & the sea.
It is He, who manipulates this all and can stop it by His Ho.
It is He, vigilant and vigorous_ the sovereign of this whole.
Distinct He made the signs for those who recognize, and may seek his bounty & perhaps give thanks.
Shaikh Mehmood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Almighty God by Shaikh Mehmood )
- Scavenging the Wall, R. T. Smith
- Towards earth, hasmukh amathalal
- Rogue Russets, R. T. Smith
- Oxford Stroud Recollects Fishing with El.., R. T. Smith
- mounement, Rathna nagaraja
- Messenger, R. T. Smith
- MORNINGS GARMENT, Shannon Strauss
- Cowgirl, R. T. Smith
- Confession in a Booth at the Hollow Log .., R. T. Smith
- A Local Doc, over Rocky Lunchtime Bourbo.., R. T. Smith
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- First Lesson, Philip Booth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)