The Almighty God
It is He, who created the heaven and the earth like a bloom.
It is He, who gave soul to the insentient and made him as his caliph.
It is He, who taught man what he didn’t know.
It is He, who harnessed the day & night for you, as also the sun, the moon and the stars, by His command.
It is He, who raised the sky and set the balance, so that none may err against the scales.
It is He, who sends down water from the sky of which you drink and nourish.
It is He, who conjoined two large bodies of water, one fresh and the other brine; and placed a barrier between them.
It is He, who made the stars by which you reckon your way through darkness of the desert & the sea.
It is He, who manipulates this all and can stop it by His Ho.
It is He, vigilant and vigorous_ the sovereign of this whole.
Distinct He made the signs for those who recognize, and may seek his bounty & perhaps give thanks.
Shaikh Mehmood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Almighty God by Shaikh Mehmood )
- Nigeria Arise and Save thyself, Henry Isiekwe
- Not a minute or a day too late or soon, Mark Heathcote
- Little makes a lot, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- In For A Penny, In For A Buck, Noah Body
- Shriveled Up Inside A Rose, Is It Poetry
- Meditation, Robert Eckstein
- হে নারী, Md. Ziaul Haque
- অনিন্দ্য সৌন্দর্য তোমার, Md. Ziaul Haque
- তুমি আসবে যদি জানতাম আগে, Md. Ziaul Haque
- আমি প্রতিদিন লিখতে চাই, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)