That Inner Urge For Writing!
When that inner urge for writing
Begins in gaining strength,
I reach for God's enlightening,
To gain success at length...
For not all urges lead to love
Or benefit Mankind
And so my prayers ascend above,
Some wisdom still to find...
Outpouring revelation's touch,
His hand on mine to share,
God's wisdom comes that means so much,
My tears fall here and there...
For I see through the Father's eyes,
My heart beats just like His,
That's when I come to realise
The breadth 'twixt pain and bliss...
So writing means much more to me
When God is oh so near,
When He presents each mystery
Then makes it crystal clear!
Like muddy waterfalls that flow
To waters pristine clean,
God's treasure troves bless those that know
The journeys inbetween...
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
GOD TV and Revelation TV websites and their watch now
details can be found on Google. Seek and ye shall find...
Comments about this poem (That Inner Urge For Writing! by Denis Martindale )
- TWO LOVERS ON A PORCH IN THE MIDWEST, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- See and feel, gajanan mishra
- Am i here by virtue of the shadows, cristobal Benjumea
- SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SUN, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- You cannot go, gajanan mishra
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)