Thanks to Mom
Mom birthed the cutest baby girl,
Who in her crib would dance divine,
With a head full of golden curl.
Mom took this as a destined sign,
And into dance school did enroll
The three year old, who caught the eye
Of Hollywooders with control.
Golden girl did electrify.
Mom's perserverence did assure
Her little girl successful true,
Oversaw costume and coiffure,
Curl count had to be 52.
Shirley Temple found filmdom fame
Thanks to Mom - Gertrude was her name.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thanks to Mom by Ima Ryma )
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
- Be, Andy Caldwell
- Tree saplings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thank You, Tandin Dorji
- May Peace Prevail, Cathy Hodgson
- Baldy Bert, Von Kimball Barney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)