Thanks to Mom
Mom birthed the cutest baby girl,
Who in her crib would dance divine,
With a head full of golden curl.
Mom took this as a destined sign,
And into dance school did enroll
The three year old, who caught the eye
Of Hollywooders with control.
Golden girl did electrify.
Mom's perserverence did assure
Her little girl successful true,
Oversaw costume and coiffure,
Curl count had to be 52.
Shirley Temple found filmdom fame
Thanks to Mom - Gertrude was her name.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thanks to Mom by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- An Ode to a Toad Named Frank, Susan Sparks
- The Path, Deepak Hariharan
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)
- Neon Sign, Alan W. Jankowski