Lawrence S. Pertillar
Thanks For The Tip
With proven talents and gifts expressed,
Over many years to face doubts to address...
Some are still left unconvinced.
'Are you still doing that same nonsense?
When are you going to do something real.
Something to prove your interests have merit.'
Perhaps when the notoriety I've been given ends.~
I see you either walking around,
Or waiting at a bustop.
Just about everyday.
Coming to go nowhere!
IF you really had that kind of notoriety,
You'd be living in New York City OR Hollywood.
Somewhere impressive and applying your craft.'
And give up the comfort I get,
By being annoyed on a daily basis?
I have a love to be IN but not OF 'your' reality.~
If I were you I wouldn't be wasting my time.
And that's the reality.'
~Who do you suggest I should thank for that? ~
'Thank for what? '
~That you are not me to believe my time is being wasted?
In your reality you seem not hesitant to share.~
'I'm just saying...
You aint gon get nuthin don waitin for a bus.'
~Thanks for the tip.
I'll remember it.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thanks For The Tip by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Bashfulness is the ornament for a youthf.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Yours, and only mine, Maya Tod
- IQ poeam, Angry Brownbear
- Lacklustre thoughts, Angry Brownbear
- Mindless Wind, Angry Brownbear
- Screams of Silence, Angry Brownbear
- Abode Aroma, Angry Brownbear
- Worth living, gajanan mishra
- Discard your vanity, gajanan mishra
- Musings of Murmur, Angry Brownbear
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(21 November 1844 – 19 July 1926)