Thanks for being you
A friend is someone who cares,
someone who is always there.
A friend is special
you can tell everything to.
If there is sadness around, at night, in the morning whenever the day.
You're there to cheer me up.
I thank you for being there for me. all the times we hung out
shows that you're one who really cares.
Thanks for being there when times got rough,
made it easy when times were tough.
Most of all thanks for being you.
we have a friendship pure and true
a friendship that will never end.
that in sad or mad moments can renew.
we have a friendship that will never die.
never forget, and at our feet be set.
lets save the friendship,
for I've never had one as the one i have with you.
sarah sorkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thanks for being you by sarah sorkin )
- Feral Mother, Robert Rorabeck
- An Unborn Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Euthanasia of Airplanes, Robert Rorabeck
- Spindrels of Cornucopia, Robert Rorabeck
- it's the little things that make love big, Mandolyn ...
- Time Frozen, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Time To Crash, Michael McParland
- Poetry Delivers, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Near faint beneath golden limes, Mark Heathcote
- Sakat Repertuar, Muzaffer Akin
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)