Terza Rima Sonnet: On The Boston Bomb Blast
On a festive flag-flapping day of fun
Two brothers back-packed with hot nails in pipes
White cap leading black cap in marathon
More than two millions’ indoor hemmed in gripes
Nine thousand armed to teeth charged for brother
And six doleful innocent eyes Boston wipes
One misled madly charges a brother
In tether out to die in showdown blast
A last ditch for some ill-tutored blabber
Then while the world looks on in pity aghast
A mindless lad plays out the cult of yore
Some Sohrab takes on the West’s blind bomb blast
If those bright and good be un-taught to adore
What hope may there be for the rest any more.
© T. Wignesan – Paris, 2013
Poet Other Poems
- A bare afternoon
- A Childhood Memory, Translation Of Carlo...
- A Chinese Girl I Took To A Nunnery
- A cure for forty death-dealing cells
- A French Narrative Poem, Translation Of ...
- A New View, Translation Of Carlos Bouson...
- A Partisan Heart, Translation of Carlos ...
- A reluctant Sayonara
- Akbar, the Great (1542 - 1605)
- Am I the Assassin Or The Undertaker
- Ascent Into Love, Translation Of Carlos ...
- Autumnal Dirge, Transl. Of Chanson D'aut...
- Back Door Side Door Front Door: Which Do...
- Ballad: Just Another Odd Guy
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.