I feel your strange attraction,
Hosting games upon my mind,
Stealing away, mental action,
A playground of mankind.
Desire is your brother,
Leading down forbidden roads,
Enticement a strong mother,
Weigh us down with heavy loads.
Lure excites the senses,
Forbidden fruit, deep within,
Surrounded by tall fences,
All flesh is weak therein.
Many lives been laid to ruin,
Broken hearts align your walls,
As if your spell just flew in,
A healthy mind, before it falls,
We’ll see who will prevail,
Come knocking at my door,
A low and beckoning wail,
Learned well about your lore.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Temptation by G.R. Gaus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass
- In The Market For The Exotic, Terence G. Craddock
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass
- Market Traveller Moves Unseen, Terence G. Craddock
- Miss Taken, Marshall Gass
- Shipping Container, Marshall Gass
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz