I feel your strange attraction,
Hosting games upon my mind,
Stealing away, mental action,
A playground of mankind.
Desire is your brother,
Leading down forbidden roads,
Enticement a strong mother,
Weigh us down with heavy loads.
Lure excites the senses,
Forbidden fruit, deep within,
Surrounded by tall fences,
All flesh is weak therein.
Many lives been laid to ruin,
Broken hearts align your walls,
As if your spell just flew in,
A healthy mind, before it falls,
We’ll see who will prevail,
Come knocking at my door,
A low and beckoning wail,
Learned well about your lore.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Temptation by G.R. Gaus )
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal
- Fast Women Speedily Breathing, Luva Boy
- With contentment, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Mini-Apolis, Von Kimball Barney
- NO TIME WASTED, Peter LeBuhn
- Our World, Claude H Oliver II