LOVE_AND HATE_ Lyle Ashwyn Holland
We were a book of bad romances/
Now we closing up, at the last chapters/
Coz you're fighting ghosts, past Caspers/
Living in your head, as if that matters/
Just another example of... Temporary forevers/
Said the truth hurts as bad as a good lie...
I feel bad but I guess I gave it a good try...
Man bad things happen to the good guy...
But2much bad choices lead to goodbye...
Shoulda known better/
Than to promise you forever/
Coz now we're not together/
Guess I'll post this status as a letter/
Hoping you read it like it matters/
And it seems we better Off.
God, I said a prayer just because...
It felt like I lost_
The girl of my dreams, and she's still in my dreams_
Feel my pain, these memories in my brain_
Almost brought tears to my eyes,
I keep my fears in disguise,
It feels weird but I....
Ain't lying or faking.
Just trying2keep myself from breaking...
Know if you stayed around,
And if I hadn't played around...
We wouldn't be here.
By the way...
You ain't the only thing I'm losing this year.
I'd just like to say...
I love you.
Your downfall will be Pride.
Now and then u need 2 put that shit aside.
But not forever. Forever? Forever is a lie,
All we have is between hello and goodbye..
But Every night I pray... God willing,
And every time I lay... Just Thinking,
I'm still reminiscing, And trippin',
All da things I valued. Went missing, just listen,
And pay attention,
I saw you as a blessing,
I heard somewhere. God gets you through hell.
To get you to heaven_
Said my prayers before I went to bed,
Hope I see you at the promise land to wed,
When we come back from the dead,
To hold hands. But if you scared,
Of being misled,
Then we can settle for this...
Temporary Forever instead.
Guess its for the best,
Since We couldn't do good enough.
Just a shell in my chest,
One Too many heart's losing love.
So let's remain friends, or even better...
Let's be nothing, Coz nothing last forever.
But we don't have to make it last that long.
We can just make it worth every wrong.
Writing where we went wrong,
Till these words restore this poem's form.
Or reincarnate our love and transforms...
Into a symphony for us to dance to our last song.
My temporary forever and romance, Gone.
LOVE_AND HATE_ Lyle Ashwyn Holland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Temporary Forevers' by LOVE_AND HATE_ Lyle Ashwyn Holland )
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1908 - 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Abou Ben Adhem, James Henry Leigh Hunt
Poem of the Day
- Thankful For You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Ten Dozen Red Roses, Michael P. McParland
- Eyes of Genesis, Merton Lee
- Haiku Concert At Day Break, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Sending All My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Saved, Michael P. McParland
- What Does It Matter, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Villanelle: Wander not into a land where.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- He Has Always Been Inside Us, Merton Lee
- Rock Hard Passion, Michael P. McParland