Tell Me, How Do I Pray For You?
I know not how to pray
How do I pray for you?
I know not how to make a wish for you
How and what can I wish for you
Standing alone in the presence
Of the one who gives what's
Our due whether asked or not
I closed my eyes trying to
I opened my eyes trying to
Is that a prayer?
Is that making a wish?
Tell me, what do I pray for you,
Tell me, what do I wish for you,
When in the process of
Absorbing and getting absorbed
I absorbed you unto me?
indira babbellapati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tell Me, How Do I Pray For You? by indira babbellapati )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale