To me, television is a chore.
It is a bore.
It shows half a program, then makes you sift through adverts for more.
And it's not like the shows are great either.
It seems good shows hide as needles in the haystack of ether.
I always feel that television is stealing and wasting my time.
I would like to watch my favourite shows now.
But I have to live with someone else's choice of schedule.
Which is more often than not a real mess.
Television might have been more entertaining many years ago.
But I'm so young, that I will never know.
And from the early days, I've seen the shows.
They weren't much good at all.
So it seems mighty confusing, that television is still the main means of entertainment.
Every lounge has a goggle box, a tube, a projector of some kind.
If it came to a choice between watching television sober
Or drinking and staring at the wall
I know which one I would choose.
Television, to me, would lose.
Gary Diamond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Television by Gary Diamond )
- Side, Ruta Wuneh
- Unknown, Ruta Wuneh
- Bashfulness is the ornament for a youthf.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Yours, and only mine, Maya Tod
- IQ poeam, Angry Brownbear
- Lacklustre thoughts, Angry Brownbear
- Mindless Wind, Angry Brownbear
- Screams of Silence, Angry Brownbear
- Abode Aroma, Angry Brownbear
- Worth living, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1841 - 1896)
William Schwenck Gilbert
(1836 - 1911)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns