To me, television is a chore.
It is a bore.
It shows half a program, then makes you sift through adverts for more.
And it's not like the shows are great either.
It seems good shows hide as needles in the haystack of ether.
I always feel that television is stealing and wasting my time.
I would like to watch my favourite shows now.
But I have to live with someone else's choice of schedule.
Which is more often than not a real mess.
Television might have been more entertaining many years ago.
But I'm so young, that I will never know.
And from the early days, I've seen the shows.
They weren't much good at all.
So it seems mighty confusing, that television is still the main means of entertainment.
Every lounge has a goggle box, a tube, a projector of some kind.
If it came to a choice between watching television sober
Or drinking and staring at the wall
I know which one I would choose.
Television, to me, would lose.
Gary Diamond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Television by Gary Diamond )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...
- Lee F. Majors, Richard Thripp
- All Dogs Go 2 Heaven, Richard Flappa