'THE BEST YEARS OF YOUR LIFE'
Or so they say... but should that
Mean to not expect better days?
Surely the world is full of adventurous things
And I should explore each day
And the chances it brings?
Surely there will be brighter mornings than those
Where we awake before dawn and
Return at day's close?
Better than the bickering and the cliques
I endure? If these are the best years
What are the rest for?
Marie Daniels's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Teenage Years by Marie Daniels )
- Spanish Romance, Pride and Passion, Sandra Feldman
- As I Climb Higher, Abekah Emmanuel
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- Baptism I, Naveed Khalid
- Odyssey II, Naveed Khalid
- Odyssey-I, Naveed Khalid
- Awakening, Naveed Khalid
- Government and Dirty Companies, douglas scotney
- On Kashmir, Naveed Khalid
- Stalwart, Naveed Khalid