'THE BEST YEARS OF YOUR LIFE'
Or so they say... but should that
Mean to not expect better days?
Surely the world is full of adventurous things
And I should explore each day
And the chances it brings?
Surely there will be brighter mornings than those
Where we awake before dawn and
Return at day's close?
Better than the bickering and the cliques
I endure? If these are the best years
What are the rest for?
Marie Daniels's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Teenage Years by Marie Daniels )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...
- Your Home., Kala Cain
- An Exotic Song, Kawa Karpo
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace
- Serves Right, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady