Teddy- A Comma-Rich Poem
My neighbor's dog is deaf and has diabetes:
Too bad, there's nothing anyone can do.
His aging pet has to pee every three minutes, the poor sausage,
And being a pooch who plays by the rules
That means lots of whining, jumping,
Up, down, traveling via elevator, all day long,
Day in, out, rain or shine, cold or warm.
And life spent jingling at the end of a leash.
Not often, but sometimes, the door opening,
I get on, the dog squeezes in behind
Sneezing, and towing his owner, who says 'hullo, '
'Hi, ' I say back, and looking down, holler
'And hello to you, Master Teddy, speak now
Or forever hold your peace'- meaning, of course, piss.
Far from being shy, the little fellow whines
And stares at me gratefully from clouded eyes
As if I were the answer to all his prayers
Or a bottle of insulin, left on the step.
He pants, sneezes again, stamps, dances in place,
Whines, wags his tail feebly, sits down again-
He is old, there is nothing anyone can do.
He has always relied on peoples- trusted them,
Who, trustees, would never abuse his trust.
Dimly he stares. His snout hairs bristle.
Topic of this poem: love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Teddy- A Comma-Rich Poem by Morgan Michaels )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- For Kira, Michael P. McParland
- Headache, Akhil Zoomin
- An Objectivist, Akhil Zoomin
- Today Has An Edge Like A Razor, Kyle Schlicher
- To her...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Sunset Couple Time, Saiom Shriver
- Waiting On Nothing, Kyle Schlicher
- Cut Myself While Shaving, Kyle Schlicher
- The Basket Weavers, Holly Wotherspoon
- Eternal Life, Michael P. McParland