RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Tantalizing melodies flirting with my mind, surrounding it with
notes of rapture and soundless joy, Instrumental voices dancing swiftly, slowly, irrespectively.
Tiptoeing whispers sneaking throughout imagination, creating
chaotic prayerful waking.
Purposefully stepping out of tune, walking steadily, hurrying
faster and faster to catch up with many ideas spinning before
Clamoring for a voice, a rehearsal in words, taking off and
landing, filling creativeness with new memories.
Life-long listings being tapered down to nothing, finding no
more to say to company.
Wailing mournfully, repeating minor keys in voices of
Holding hands, walking away from memories bouncing out and
off walls of barriers in place for years.
Ages of talent sit reconciled to disuse, products of constant
abuse, hidden seductively inside, awaiting their time to shine
like the morning sun.
Clarinet-like, ebony sounding, gently placating sorrow bursting forth, easing pain through long saddened notes of songs.
Years ago sung in lullabyes by a Mom, young, sweet, loving and
Hearing them now with a different ear, songs of then were
filled with joy and happiness, but now those same songs bring
tears of joy I used to know.
Little hand being held - then, now an emptiness where nothing
can get through except those self-same songs through tears.
Mom's sometimes fill their children's minds full of wonder
and awe for a while before they have to abandon promises and
take care of another baby born into this world.
Gone forever it seems, loving glances, gentle hugs, the
attention of an only child by her mother.
Others have joined the family, expanding it beyond the seams
of a mother's expertise.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Tearful Songs by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Gleaming Moon Walked With Me,, Aftab Alam
- I choose nature to you, Vidura Prabhath
- [FIVE] - of roses in a decaying memory, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Winter Bed, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Forget You Not, Forget You Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns