Students are they who a pose do assume
With folded hands sit on the bench I presume.
Students are they who attend to lesson
Scholastic lectures during probation.
Reading the black-board count the sums more
Lend the ears yours, learn quick ever before.
Study the black-board that seems to be skies
Showing the letters that flash in your eyes.
Revere your teachers who let you hear
Prevent the scoffers, you are not to bear.
Father is your teacher, teacher your mother
Teacher you should revere, if there is other.
Blessings of your teachers is a gain again
Begin your journey the fortune to regain.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Teacher by Dulal Mukherjee )
- حديث النفس, قسطاكي الحمصي
- A fox in Leeds with unusual needs., Stephen Katona
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
- The Daughter of the Earth - 30, gajanan mishra
- Last Farewell, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Travel China Haiku - Chengdu spices, john tiong chunghoo
- Travel China Haiku - - A wealthy China, john tiong chunghoo
- Autumnal, Lawrence Beck
- Blinding Trust, Nick Kler
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 9 - 1937)