Students are they who a pose do assume
With folded hands sit on the bench I presume.
Students are they who attend to lesson
Scholastic lectures during probation.
Reading the black-board count the sums more
Lend the ears yours, learn quick ever before.
Study the black-board that seems to be skies
Showing the letters that flash in your eyes.
Revere your teachers who let you hear
Prevent the scoffers, you are not to bear.
Father is your teacher, teacher your mother
Teacher you should revere, if there is other.
Blessings of your teachers is a gain again
Begin your journey the fortune to regain.
Dulal Mukherjee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Teacher by Dulal Mukherjee )
- ~True Love ~, Aftab Alam
- A Country on Its Knees, mai venn
- Uncontrollable Poet, Erato
- Clocks, fiona sinclair
- Day Tripper, fiona sinclair
- Internet Dating, fiona sinclair
- Precious life it is!, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Family portrait, fiona sinclair
- Post dated appointment, fiona sinclair
- Moody hopes, Chai Amos
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)