Students are they who a pose do assume
With folded hands sit on the bench I presume.
Students are they who attend to lesson
Scholastic lectures during probation.
Reading the black-board count the sums more
Lend the ears yours, learn quick ever before.
Study the black-board that seems to be skies
Showing the letters that flash in your eyes.
Revere your teachers who let you hear
Prevent the scoffers, you are not to bear.
Father is your teacher, teacher your mother
Teacher you should revere, if there is other.
Blessings of your teachers is a gain again
Begin your journey the fortune to regain.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Teacher by Dulal Mukherjee )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- We lose—because we win, Emily Dickinson
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- કોઈ પણ બહાને koi pan, hasmukh amathalal
- Observation, Hans Raj Sharma
- MY CUSTOM, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- ANOKHA YEH DUNIYA KA MELA, Om Chawla
- The 4th day of Christmas, mai venn
- a hero, Cee Bea
- Never think again, hasmukh amathalal
- GO AWAY, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- वक्त की दिवार हम नहीं vakt ki, hasmukh amathalal
- On the ladder, hasmukh amathalal