Talking About What They Do Not Believe In
I would not discourse on the workings of a gun
Complicated to me, its parts and uses, I know none.
Just as I would never attempt to converse
About brain surgery, heart transplant, or worse.
I can cover matters I know only by experience
For there I write adequately and I can make sense.
It's my observation then and this is rather common-
Many like to discuss about God, One they have never known.
So vaguely they delineate what they would blindly see
Their premise and conclusions, quite absurd theoretically.
Discussing much of Who their minds and hearts deny
Is like talking about what was not and not understanding why.
All rights reserved ~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~~02.02.14
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Talking About What They Do Not Believe In by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- Always, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- The condition again, hasmukh amathalal
- Oatmeal Omelet, Von Kimball Barney
- The condition, hasmukh amathalal
- Reason, Elia Michael
- Autumn Again But, Nassy Fesharaki
- He Was Leaving, Neela Nath
- Symphony, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The hunter's trap - By POET Yaser Nadeem.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- As passimist, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)