Talking About What They Do Not Believe In
I would not discourse on the workings of a gun
Complicated to me, its parts and uses, I know none.
Just as I would never attempt to converse
About brain surgery, heart transplant, or worse.
I can cover matters I know only by experience
For there I write adequately and I can make sense.
It's my observation then and this is rather common-
Many like to discuss about God, One they have never known.
So vaguely they delineate what they would blindly see
Their premise and conclusions, quite absurd theoretically.
Discussing much of Who their minds and hearts deny
Is like talking about what was not and not understanding why.
All rights reserved ~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~~02.02.14
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Talking About What They Do Not Believe In by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- no more love story, The Princess is
- Illogical, Margaret Moran
- Want, The Princess is
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Teleskof, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bearing With One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Danyell, Edward Kofi Louis
- ap english, imani halley
- Out Of Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pagan To The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)