Talking About What They Do Not Believe In
I would not discourse on the workings of a gun
Complicated to me, its parts and uses, I know none.
Just as I would never attempt to converse
About brain surgery, heart transplant, or worse.
I can cover matters I know only by experience
For there I write adequately and I can make sense.
It's my observation then and this is rather common-
Many like to discuss about God, One they have never known.
So vaguely they delineate what they would blindly see
Their premise and conclusions, quite absurd theoretically.
Discussing much of Who their minds and hearts deny
Is like talking about what was not and not understanding why.
All rights reserved ~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~~02.02.14
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Talking About What They Do Not Believe In by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Beautiful Nubian Goddess, Lore Me34
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna