Lawrence S. Pertillar
Talking About Faith
Those who give from their hearts,
With an unpremeditated doing...
May sometimes feel taken for granted,
And at other times feel betrayed.
By the ones perceiving them to be...
Targets marked and duped easily.
With a deceiving done to do as they please.
Yet seldom heard from those who give,
Are complaints as to who or whom...
Inflicted them with intentional wounds.
Since many are sincere without wishing attention.
With an intuitive acknowledgement,
Needs they have are diminished to witness...
When delivered by God and/or His, Her Or 'ITs' assistants.
'We've thrown 'everything' possible on their paths to obstruct,
To delay their journey for ther purpose to disrupt.
And 'still' they have managed not to give up.
Perhaps what we are doing is not enough.
What 'magic' do you suppose they have? '
It beats me.
I'm puzzled as well.
They keep talking about 'faith'.
That's all they ever say.~
I have faith my rake will pick up Autumn leaves,
When they fall.
That rake wont budge.'
Let's try something else to humiliate them.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Talking About Faith by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- When my love states that she is futile..., Saheb Mohapatra
- Sink and feel, SALINI NAIR
- Birthday Years, Greta Bellamacina
- When Hope Becomes A Prayer, Savita Tyagi
- So the Ancients say...., Savita Tyagi
- Thank and wish, hasmukh amathalal
- Goodbye The Day, Pijush Biswas
- ~Oneness ~, Aftab Alam
- Random Thought lX, Savita Tyagi
- The Little Robin Flew, Rohan Nath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)