Lawrence S. Pertillar
Talking About Faith
Those who give from their hearts,
With an unpremeditated doing...
May sometimes feel taken for granted,
And at other times feel betrayed.
By the ones perceiving them to be...
Targets marked and duped easily.
With a deceiving done to do as they please.
Yet seldom heard from those who give,
Are complaints as to who or whom...
Inflicted them with intentional wounds.
Since many are sincere without wishing attention.
With an intuitive acknowledgement,
Needs they have are diminished to witness...
When delivered by God and/or His, Her Or 'ITs' assistants.
'We've thrown 'everything' possible on their paths to obstruct,
To delay their journey for ther purpose to disrupt.
And 'still' they have managed not to give up.
Perhaps what we are doing is not enough.
What 'magic' do you suppose they have? '
It beats me.
I'm puzzled as well.
They keep talking about 'faith'.
That's all they ever say.~
I have faith my rake will pick up Autumn leaves,
When they fall.
That rake wont budge.'
Let's try something else to humiliate them.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Talking About Faith by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Zero Turkey Wing, Havilah
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
- So Sensitive In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
- You own every part of me, Afrodita Alkline
- You (One Day I'll Forget You), ESPN CHICK
- Advice can have minus point., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)