Lawrence S. Pertillar
Talking About Faith
Those who give from their hearts,
With an unpremeditated doing...
May sometimes feel taken for granted,
And at other times feel betrayed.
By the ones perceiving them to be...
Targets marked and duped easily.
With a deceiving done to do as they please.
Yet seldom heard from those who give,
Are complaints as to who or whom...
Inflicted them with intentional wounds.
Since many are sincere without wishing attention.
With an intuitive acknowledgement,
Needs they have are diminished to witness...
When delivered by God and/or His, Her Or 'ITs' assistants.
'We've thrown 'everything' possible on their paths to obstruct,
To delay their journey for ther purpose to disrupt.
And 'still' they have managed not to give up.
Perhaps what we are doing is not enough.
What 'magic' do you suppose they have? '
It beats me.
I'm puzzled as well.
They keep talking about 'faith'.
That's all they ever say.~
I have faith my rake will pick up Autumn leaves,
When they fall.
That rake wont budge.'
Let's try something else to humiliate them.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Talking About Faith by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- To See Him Again, Gabriela Mistral
- A Single Black Rose, Michael Koelliker
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Soul and air, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Flowers, Clovisvaldo Marques Baleeiro
- My Poetic Existence, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Safety In Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Death defies planning., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Vanaprastha, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Broken vision, Lubinda Lubinda
- Two hands to kill, hasmukh amathalal
- With few bucks, hasmukh amathalal
- Nature's love and hate song, Anu Shraddha