Lawrence S. Pertillar
Talking About Faith
Those who give from their hearts,
With an unpremeditated doing...
May sometimes feel taken for granted,
And at other times feel betrayed.
By the ones perceiving them to be...
Targets marked and duped easily.
With a deceiving done to do as they please.
Yet seldom heard from those who give,
Are complaints as to who or whom...
Inflicted them with intentional wounds.
Since many are sincere without wishing attention.
With an intuitive acknowledgement,
Needs they have are diminished to witness...
When delivered by God and/or His, Her Or 'ITs' assistants.
'We've thrown 'everything' possible on their paths to obstruct,
To delay their journey for ther purpose to disrupt.
And 'still' they have managed not to give up.
Perhaps what we are doing is not enough.
What 'magic' do you suppose they have? '
It beats me.
I'm puzzled as well.
They keep talking about 'faith'.
That's all they ever say.~
I have faith my rake will pick up Autumn leaves,
When they fall.
That rake wont budge.'
Let's try something else to humiliate them.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Talking About Faith by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- आं खोनायाखै, Ronjoy Brahma
- आं बावबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Birch and Bracken, jim hogg
- History Echoed As A Verse, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Aku dan Februari, Afit Riawan
- Kisah Bunga, Afit Riawan
- You And You, V P Mahur
- आयै अ' आंनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- White Wings, Afit Riawan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- Disabled, Wilfred Owen
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)