Daniel Trevelyn Joseph
Swallows in the month of January
Flying one foot above the grass,
Yellow mostly, and some green,
While Air India queues up,
To leave for Chennai:
A wedding in the family beckons me.
I am reading on
Tom Gunn, Ted and Thomas;
I am enjoying it after gap
Of decades in which
I was just the Administrator.
Air-travel, and touchdown too, is sexy.
We are now on runway, speeding up madly,
Ready to take off and land with a thud:
Isn't that what the wedding is all about?
D T Joseph
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Take-off by Daniel Trevelyn Joseph )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Losing The Blue Madonna To The Skies, mary douglas
- WHO IS THIS BEAST YOUR RIDING >>&g.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Incredible Pink Playhouse, mary douglas
- Let Us Return To The Country Of Clouds, mary douglas
- I Dreamed Of A Language, mary douglas
- Snow Globe Vision Of La Belle Et La Bete, mary douglas
- Flower in snow, ramesh rai
- how to remember me, chip reed
- The Man Who Died, Lawrence Beck
- The Cantos, Nassy Fesharaki