This is my wonder-dog, Tag-Along
Faithfully close at my heel.
A keenly intelligent hang-around
Who lives every feeling I feel.
Do you think he's asleep, here at my feet?
Soft muzzle resting on paws,
But see the ears twitch, see the eyes peek,
See quiet relaxed easy jaws?
Though caution is best, he'll handle the rest,
Should unclear intentions belie.
Permission to leave is the stranger's request,
When Tag-Along gives them the eye!
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tag-Along Dog by Connie Yost )
- Alexander Pushkin I loved you, valentin savin
- O Talibans, They Are The Buddhas, You Fi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Cobras Hissing And Basketed, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Glorified Clay, Suresh Dogra
- Redemption, Bernard Kennedy
- Colonial Or Post-colonial?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Glorious Gifts, Suresh Dogra
- May be modest, hasmukh amathalal
- Shall I?, Neela Nath
- Character, Hans Raj Sharma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1886 - 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)